Monday 3 December 2007

Homage to the internet!

So, Thea and myself are creating a piece of theatre which comments on the way that the internet can be used, I never knew how much bad material was out there on the internet and how easy it is to get hold of negative videos. We aim to expose the internet for what it can be and the dangers of it. I now think twice before adding on facebook and signing up to new accounts as who knows who could end up with my details and image? scary isn't it? I want every one to think about this more and regain some privacy in thiers lifes instead of announcing it on facebook.

But then again, the fact that your announcing something on facebook is sort of a performance as you are showing yourself off to be recognised, for someone to become involved in your life and for them to comment on it. A bit like a soap opera, you know who everyone is, their history and you can become caught up in thier everyday lives checking to see what happens next. The more I progress in this lesson I begin to have a love/hate relationship with the internet and the way you can perform. It is another form of Reality TV which could destroy Drama, as our entertainment shifts from gifted actors to eccentric every day characters who just want to be famous!

No comments: